Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday Tale from the Scale & Fitness Goals for Success

Thursday Tale from the Scale

one hundred eighty two point eight
DOWN 1.6 lbs Since Last Weigh In
UP 0.8 lbs TOTAL
I will totally take it! I was 184.4 lbs last Thursday and although I was conscious of what I put in my pie hole mouth over the last week I didn't push to loose weight because I knew it would be hard. We attended our last two Christmas gatherings, had a last minute totally unplanned New Years Eve get together, indulged in cocktails and snacked while we watched football. I knew I could not expect a miracle under those circumstances.

That being said, it's time to kick it! I was able to get the used treadmill I talked about for $100 and it will work perfect for me until I can walk/jog outside again. I have been using FatSecret My Fitness Pal and the Calorie Counter App on my iPhone to track the foods I eat (please be my friend - my member name is krazykates MN_Kates). I also plan on starting to let Jillian Michaels kick my butt more often. If you're local let me know if you would like to join me in my basement/gym/family room.

Fitness Goals for Success

GOAL

Although I am sure 130 lbs would feel amazing, I am aiming for 140 lbs to begin with. I haven't been that light since like high school so I want to see how my adult body carries it and go from there. At 140 lbs my Body Mass Index would also be within the "Normal Weight" category which would make me super happy.

So I am looking at loosing 42 lbs in all if we consider THIS my starting point. I bobbed around between 180lbs - 184 lbs for a long time but we will say I started at 182 lbs to keep things simple.

Mini Goals

For the first 20 lbs I would like to shed 10 lbs / month. I believe this is a lofty but obtainable goal and I know I will have to push hard to get there. I also know that to be successful I am going to have to start strong.

10 lbs by January 31, 2013 (4 weeks)
15 lbs by February 14, 2013 (6 weeks)
20 lbs by February 28, 2013 (8 weeks)

For the next 24 lbs I am going to push for about 6 lbs / month. I know the closer I get to Goal the slower it will go so I may need to revise.

26 lbs by March 28, 2013 (12 weeks)
29 lbs by April 11, 2013 (14 weeks - week of my birthday)
32 lbs by April 25, 2013 (16 weeks)
35lbs by May 9, 2013 (18 weeks)
38 lbs by May 23, 2013 (20 weeks)
40 lbs by June 6, 2013 (22 weeks)
42 lbs by June 20, 2013 (24 weeks)

The truth is that I wanna litteraly work my BUTT OFF and smash these Mini Goals and be at GOAL by May 1st but I have to be realistic so we will see how it goes.

The Rewards

Hard work deserves rewards...

10 lbs - New Phone Cover
15 lbs - New Purse
20 lbs - New Jeans (maybe the ones I bought February 2012 will fit - Post to Come)
25 lbs - Manicure/Pedicure
30 lbs - New Summer Tanks
35 lbs - New Cute Undies
40 lbs - New Swim Suit
44 lbs - Boudoir - Maybe

*Rewards subject to change based on current costs, wants & needs.

We have lots going on between now and June. At each event I wanna look better & better! Mr. You Betcha's 5 Years Anniversary of Employment thingamajigger Banquette, Valentines Day, Easter, my cousin Ashley's Wedding (I'm a Bridesmaid), Mr. You Betcha's Birthday, My Birthday, The Little Man's 2nd Birthday, Our 10 Year Dating Anniversary, and the RMH Ride.

Holy Moley Batman! I got lots to get skinny for (besides the obvious health benefits)!

IT'S ON  LIKE DONKEY KONG!

1 comment:

  1. love a video of u modelling the new undies

    ReplyDelete