Friday, October 19, 2012

The Plan


Yesterday I was very adamant that the time is NOW. However, I am a firm believer that there has to be a plan or you are just setting yourself up for failure.

So what's the plan, Stan?

Counting Calories - FatSecret My Fitness Pal

I am using FatSecret My Fitness Pal to count calories and have set 1400-1600 calories 1200-1400 calories as my daily intake. That's what is right for me and it might not be right for you.


FatSecret My Fitness Pal works for me because it is free and it also links up with a Calorie Counter App on my iPhone so I can track foods on the go.

If you are on FatSecret My Fitness Pal and would like to become "Friends" my member name is krazykates MN_Kates.
 
Jogging/Running - Couch to 5K

 
I actually use an app called Ease into 5k from Bluefin Software that I purchased for my iPhone last spring. I have been happy with it in the past and am going to restart the program in hopes of training for a 5k. The theory is to work yourself up to jogging/running a 5k in 8 weeks through walking/jogging interval training.
 
  
Can it be done without the App? Absolutely, but the App makes it SO easy. It cues you when to switch from walking to jogging/running, allows you to make a workout soundtrack right inside the App, keeps track of your progress, and allows you to journal about each individual workout.
 
30 Day Shred


I am not going to lie, I have not completed the entire 30 days before but have done a couple of the workouts and they are hard! I have no doubt in my mind that if I completed all 30 days I would see results. I don't think I will make it an every day thing just yet but am going to work out with Jill when I can. I have seen it for sale on Amazon.com but I got mine off the rack at Walmart.


There you have it people, I will post before pictures shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment